Cansema: Black Salve, Black Heart.

Cansema: Black Salve, Black Heart.

Postby The Atheist » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Advertised by the suppliers as "Cansema Black Topical Salve, the internationally recognized skin cancer treatment system - used to treat basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas, melanoma, ..."

I don't need to read more, and it would entail me clicking the link to read it, and I will not even give these filth the benefit of a click to add to their total, so please follow suit and do not click on their links.

All you need to know about it is here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11166615 Wikipedia also has a useful guide, while the crap itself is listed a fake cure by the FDA.

Yet people are advertising this horrendous and dangerous shit as a cure for cancer.

One favour: at some stage tomorrow, when Google has updated the internet, please Google Cansema" and "black salve" and you should see a link to ASF fairly high on the list. Anyway, find it and click through Google to this page, to ensure our search ranking gets above the scumbags who make money out of this absurd and dangerous scam. I don't know why the Herald didn't use the proprietary name Cansema, but having the word prominently displayed here can fix that, so don't forget to use the word "Cansema" when you reply, and feel free to throw in a "black salve" or two.

Given the choice, I would like to pump Cansema black salve onto the eyeballs of people selling it.
In-depth comment on 21st century society and geopolitics: Read it here
The Atheist

Re: Cansema: Black Salve, Black Heart.

Postby Arthwollipot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 am

The Australian Vaccination Network were instructed to stop selling this shit on their website by the TGA. Twice. As far as I know they're still selling it.

“I've used it myself, um, on a cancer that I had on my shoulder and I've gotta tell you it is like a scalpel, it cut it out in a perfect circle,"

"It got rid of it completely,” Ms Dorey said...
(source)
Arthwollipot

Postby SezMe » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:06 am

I did the Google thingy and ASF did not come up on the first five pages (as far as I was willing to read). QuackWatch (among many others) is on it.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html

(CAUTION: Contains some gritty pictures.)
SezMe

Postby Orphia Nay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Arthwollipot wrote:The Australian Vaccination Network were instructed to stop selling this shit on their website by the TGA. Twice. As far as I know they're still selling it.

“I've used it myself, um, on a cancer that I had on my shoulder and I've gotta tell you it is like a scalpel, it cut it out in a perfect circle,"

"It got rid of it completely,” Ms Dorey said...
(source)

Cansema - salve of choice for scumbags and liars.
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby The Atheist » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

SezMe wrote:I did the Google thingy and ASF did not come up on the first five pages (as far as I was willing to read).

Takes minimum four hours to go on Google, so you probably beat the spider.

I'll check it and post details once we're up.
The Atheist

Postby Orphia Nay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:14 pm

The Google bot last visited 4 minutes ago.
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby Shiner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 pm

I found this interesting webpage about Cansema. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cansema

It says it's also known as black salve. Or would that be Black Salve?

Cansema is listed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as one of 187 fake cancer cures
How can we deride and refute misinformation spread by charlatans, deniers, anti-vaxers et al if we cannot act honestly amongst ourselves? The Atheist
Shiner

Postby Shiner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 pm

The TGA has issued warnings against the use of Cansema, Black Salves and Red Salves, ( known as escharotics ) and will prosecute anyone caught selling them.

http://www.tga.gov.au/consumers/informa ... p7tudIW09h

The TGA is not aware of any credible, scientific evidence that black salve, red salve or cansema can cure or treat cancer. In addition there is no evidence that these products can be used to diagnose cancers. In fact, the evidence shows that they will cause skin irritation regardless of whether any malignancy is present.

Nasty stuff this Cansema.
How can we deride and refute misinformation spread by charlatans, deniers, anti-vaxers et al if we cannot act honestly amongst ourselves? The Atheist
Shiner

Postby Shiner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Here's another TGA page about Cansema and Red and Black Salves.

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-med ... p70PNIW09i

The TGA is advising consumers not to purchase or use unproven products that claim to cure or treat cancer, including certain types of skin cancer.

The recent use of products marketed as containing 'Black salve' in Australia has resulted in serious harm to the skin of three Australian consumers who used the black salves for various skin conditions including the treatment of a skin cancer.
Shiner

Postby Shiner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 pm

SezMe wrote:I did the Google thingy and ASF did not come up on the first five pages (as far as I was willing to read). QuackWatch (among many others) is on it.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html

(CAUTION: Contains some gritty pictures.)

Yeah, so did I, even though it says 'tomorrow' in the OP. I got nothing. I also did a few searches including 'Australasian Skeptics Forum' with the words Black Salve and Cansema.

I assume, from what TA said, that the Googlebot hasn't passed by yet to pick up the multiple times that everyone has typed the words " Cansema " and " Black Salve ".

Well, almost everyone, eh? ;)
Shiner

Postby The Atheist » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07 am

Well. I'm fucked if I know what happened to search - I can usually find the thread the same day, but this one's got under the radar somewhere.

Black salve, cansema, or a combination of both - can't find it.

Exceeding strange.
The Atheist

Postby Shiner » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 am

Googlebot is on to you.
Shiner

Postby Shiner » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 pm

I just noticed forum member Googlebot is logged in atm. 3.43 PM Sydney time.

There's another bot on now. 5 minutes later. Majestic 12.
Shiner

Postby Orphia Nay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm

This phony "cure" spreads by the acceptance of anecdotes.

Want anecdotes?

Cancer Salves
Other common name(s): black salve, black and yellow salve, escharotics, escharotic therapy, botanical salve, Curaderm, Cansema

[...]Other doctors have reported cases in which salves have caused problems. One man used a black salve to treat a dark spot on his chest, which at first seemed to get better. Six months later the spot grew larger, and became painful and ulcerated. It was found to be a very serious form of skin cancer called malignant melanoma. Another man with advanced colon cancer used a black and yellow cancer salve on his abdomen (belly). After eight days, a skin ulcer formed and stool began to leak through the hole. The man had to be in the hospital and was unable to eat until the hole healed.

American Cancer Society
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby The Atheist » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:29 am

Orphia Nay wrote:After eight days, a skin ulcer formed and stool began to leak through the hole.

Now that is cool!

It didn't just eat his skin off, it chewed all the way through to his bowel and into the shit. That is easily the worst non-fatal result of a scam medicine ever.

Ate through to your fucking bowels. Outstanding.

Not only the eyeballs, but the genitals of the people selling it - I think that would be fair.
The Atheist

Postby Orphia Nay » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:38 am

When even a woo site is warning of the dangers of Cansema, you know the stuff must be bad.

We have received hundreds of complaints from people who have been damaged by incorrectly formulated Black Salves (Cansema).

http://www.hippocrates.com.au/hippocrat ... ior-salves
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Could Cansema Have Saved Nelson Mandela?

Postby Foolmewunz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 pm

(Not bloody likely!)

Does Justin Bieber use Cansema?

Would Kylie Minogue return her supply of Black Salve?

(We found that if you include stupid crap that maroons are liable to be Googling for, you can get more hits, sometimes.)

I think you're up against stiff competition, though. This scam has its adherents. Anyone up Gold Coast way want to hunt down "Nirvana Anderson"? She's trying to petition the government to "decriminalize" the use! Halp! I'm being oppressed.

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/a ... man-beings

She said she'd take the petition down in May, but obviously the Cansema has eaten through to her calendars because apparently it's still up. Isn't that Kevin Lowe country? He's a member here? Maybe he could do something other than nitpicking semantic issues and actually try to out this witch. Her Linked In profile says she's working for the government in some capacity.

Meanwhile:

Hot Single Women Near You Use Cansema (according to some lying Russian website, at least).
Foolmewunz

Postby Orphia Nay » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Does Beyoncé sing about Cansema on her new album released today?

(We're currently in spot no 24 on page 3.)
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby Orphia Nay » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Rational Wiki quotes a 1955 Time magazine article about salves:

A 37-year-old housewife had a skin condition that later (at Duke) proved not to be a cancer. Convinced that it was, she had gone to a backwoods healer, who applied a salve. Soon a quarter-sized hole disfigured her nose, opened up the nasal cavity. Duke's plastic surgeons had to build her a new nose.
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Re: Cansema: Black Salve, Black Heart. INFO.

Postby Shiner » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:26 pm

https://www.google.com.au/#es_sm=93&q=c ... s&safe=off

"Cansema black salve forum" has ASF at 3rd hit on the first page.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cans ... 3&ie=UTF-8

Searches related to cansema black salve forum

alpha omega cansema black salve
cansema black salve instructions
cansema black salve ingredients
cansema black salve testimonials
black salve cream

"Cansema black salve science" has ASF on the first page.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cans ... ve+science

My wife has been putting black salve on her mole for 4-5 days. It has been doing all of the "normal" reactions, itchy at first then tingly now it burns and hurts down in like something is going down into the tissue. It is swollen also with a white ring around it. She is worried that it may be infected or something. We are keeping it very clean. What about spraying hydrogen peroxide around it to help keep it clean? PLEASE help!

I just put (black) salve on my hand Sunday where i had a reappearing hard skin tag (tiny but comes back each time i scratch it off) It didnt do anything for two days, now I have a small dent with whitish around like slightly infected also. but no break in skin. two really tiny light colored spots showed up also. My mom has used it and people from her church and they only put on for two days (I kept mine on 3 days).

Mine is red, sore, and burns, very tender. but no swelling.

My daughter has a birthmark on her arm that has been there since the day she was born. It is 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inches, so fairly big. I had the brillant idea of putting black salve on it. It is responding like it is supposed to. It got hard and black, with yellow in it. It is inflamed around the mole, and it has been dripping pus.
I didn't realize that I was not supposed to put it on something so big. So, now, I can't take her to a doctor. They would recommend debriding the skin and using skin grafts. That sounds like it would make it worse. I put it on six days ago. I know it just needs time to heal. And, I know I am looking at a few weeks.

These quotes are from a WOO forum that I won't link in this thread. If, for some reason anyone wants to read more, you can PM me for the link, or simply copy/paste a sentence and search Google.

I've entered ASF through the " Cansema black salve" search about 10 times today.
Shiner

Next

Return to Skepticism, Critical Thinking, and Life