Fun with Jehovah's Witnesses

Fun with Jehovah's Witnesses

Postby The Atheist » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:13 pm

We had some JWs in the area this morning, so when they set off down the street, we got the chalks out and drew them some pretty pics to look at when they came back:

Unfortunately, we couldn't hang around to see the reaction, but I imagine they'd have said an extra prayer or two afterwards.
In-depth comment on 21st century society and geopolitics: Read it here
The Atheist

Re: Fun with Jehovah's Witnesses

Postby Seraph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:31 pm

If you get another opportunity, you could copy the middle frame of this cartoon for their enjoyment.
God created the universe
God just exists

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BC – AD 65
Seraph

Postby nicole.r » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Here's something my husband and I pulled last year.

JW visit #1
My husband opened the door to the JWs and let them talk. They yabbered at him for half an hour.

JW visit #2
I answered the door. The JWs asked for my husband but refused to tell me who they were. I kept asking them to identify themselves until they caved in. Then I told them that my husband was just yanking their chain and that we're atheists. They sprinted in the other direction and haven't been back since! :lol: :lol:
For the sound of sensation across the nation, listen to http://www.rationalcapital.com.au Boom!
nicole.r

Postby grayman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 pm

I learned something the other day. I learned the Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them. - Bruce Clark
grayman

Postby Orphia Nay » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

grayman wrote:I learned something the other day. I learned the Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them. - Bruce Clark

:big: Excellent.
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby The Atheist » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 am

Seraph wrote:If you get another opportunity, you could copy the middle frame of this cartoon for their enjoyment.

Haha! That's pretty good.
The Atheist

Postby Burning Beard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 am

Nice one, TA! JWs are great - I figure as long as they're on my property, they're asking for a ribbing. Though I haven't had them come knocking for a long time. Possibly something to do with the fact that I lock my gate at all times due to living in Christchurch's answer to Compton, LA.

I have an old mate who answered the door to the JW with his todger hanging out of his pyjamas... it resulted in a visit from the cops.

The only religious nuts I've tormented lately were Ray Comfort's crowd outside the Dawkins gig in ChCh last year.
Burning Beard

Postby Orphia Nay » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Burning Beard wrote:The only religious nuts I've tormented lately were Ray Comfort's crowd.

:th: :tu:
Orphia Nay
Site Admin

Postby The Atheist » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Burning Beard wrote:The only religious nuts I've tormented lately were Ray Comfort's crowd outside the Dawkins gig in ChCh last year.

Yeah, JWs are just a bit of fun. Comfort's revolting scum are plain old punch in the face material since their campaign targeting oldies. Sick cunts.
The Atheist

Postby Spoons » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Burning Beard wrote:I have an old mate who answered the door to the JW with his todger hanging out of his pyjamas... it resulted in a visit from the cops.

Couldn't he just claim self defence? Fight back at religious nuts with religious nuts. Draw a crucifix on them or something.
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops.
Spoons

Postby Skeptalk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Orphia Nay wrote:
grayman wrote:I learned something the other day. I learned the Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Halloween. I guess they don't like strangers going up to their door and annoying them. - Bruce Clark

:big:
Account closed.
Skeptalk

Postby Spoons » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Skeptalk wrote:
Orphia Nay wrote:

:big:

:big: (it's infectious)
Spoons

Postby Kel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am

Now I live in an apartment complex, I think the chances of JW visiting are pretty much zero. It's somewhat of a shame, because they're fair game if they come to your door.
"The problem with evidence is that it doesn’t always support your opinion."
- Stephen Colbert
Kel

Postby Spoons » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm in the same boat (that boat being an apartment, which doesn't float anyway) and yeah, you miss out on JW's (Noooooooooo!) but you get random visits from fellow apartment dwellers, which can be just as much fun sometimes.

There was the homosexual guy who decided I wasn't allowed to use the hot water system after 9pm (I thought they slept all day and partied all night anyway?). He banged on my door at 2am to tell me this - what if I'd been sleeping? That sparked hours of my brother turning the hot water on and off - it bangs each time.

The guy in the leather jacket that couldn't handle me playing rock music (which is lucky for him, since I don't often listen to rock music).

There was the crazy-horse vegetarian neighbour who flipped out and threw eggs at my house, based on a theory I stole her car and clothes (I'm not even her size).

The Elvis impersonator who asked me to help him set up his guitar, and sold dope but didn't believe in taking panadol.

All of these people create opportunities for a bit of fun.
Spoons

Postby Asthmatic Camel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Heh. I used to have a rented flat in a huge, stately, converted Victorian mansion, together with about 15 other people. The JWs, usually accompanied by their children, made a point of showing up early on a Saturday morning and pressing every single doorbell button at the same time.

There's nothing which puts the fear of God into Jws quite like a camel, stumbling down four flights of stairs at 9.00 am, having finished his shift at 4.00 am.

Think The Atheist has a foul mouth? It's quite something to watch a female JW attempt to cover her three offsprings' ears with two hands, while scuttling away as fast as possible.

They never called again.

:tu:
Asthmatic Camel

Postby nicole.r » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I still want to answer the door to religion pushers with my python around my neck, but the timing's never worked out.
For the sound of sensation across the nation, listen to http://www.rationalcapital.com.au Boom!
nicole.r

Postby Asthmatic Camel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:36 pm

My python isn't long enough to wrap around a neck.

Still, a man can dream.

;)
Asthmatic Camel

Postby Arthwollipot » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Did you just make a penis joke?
Arthwollipot

Postby Spoons » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Nah, that sort of thing wouldn't fly around here. Python jokes, on the other hand, are coming back in a big way.
Spoons

Postby grayman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:39 am

There was a knock on the door this morning.
I opened it and there was a young bloke standing there who said:
"I'm a Jehovah's Witness".
I said "Come in and sit down. Now what do you want to talk about"?
He said, " Fucked if I know, I've never got this far before."
grayman

Next

Return to Atheism, Theism, and Philosophy